Andy has served in the residential lending and mortgage banking environment for 20+ years. After a successful nine-year career with First Community Mortgage of Murfreesboro, TN, he recently accepted a senior level position serving with Bank of England Mortgage, based out of Little Rock, AR. There he will leverage his industry network to expand BOEM’s retail lending footprint throughout a multi-state region.
As the former EVP and Director of Lending at First Community Mortgage (FCM), he oversaw all production for the retail, consumer direct, wholesale, and correspondent divisions. He also led FCM’s orientation, training and development practices, and created a multi-cultural lending team focused on growing the company’s lending practices throughout underserved, urban areas. Since 2012, FCM has been recognized as a Nashville MSA top 3 residential mortgage lender and #1 in new construction lending (as ranked by Metrostudy).
Andy’s depth of experience in mortgage lending includes oversight in the following areas: sales (B2B, B2C), branch development, forecasting, budgeting, P&L management, policy administration, agency and vendor relations, underwriting, credit maintenance, risk analysis, performance management, recruiting and training, marketing and advertising, and specialized compliance knowledge around loan originator compensation regulations.
From 2007 to 2009 Voyles held several positions at Elite Mortgage Services, Inc. in Brentwood, Tenn., eventually elevated to partner, where he was responsible for branch oversight, recruiting, sales, training, operations, and policy administration. Voyles also held management and executive positions at Ace Mortgage Funding, LLC in Indianapolis, Ind., and Wells Fargo Financial in Des Moines, Iowa.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND ENGAGEMENT:
- NAMB Certified Residential Mortgage Specialist (CRMS) 2004-2012
- Nashville Mortgage Bankers Association (member)
- Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association (member)
- National Mortgage Bankers Association (member)
- Greater Nashville Association of Realtors (member)
- NMLS/SAFE ACT Certified Instructor 2010-2012
- Recipient of the 2017 MBA’s Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Award for Market Outreach Strategies (through FCM’s MCLI efforts)
- TN Association of Mortgage Brokers, multiple board positions including President and Government Affairs Chair (2003-2009)
- State of TN “Subject Matter Expert” and co-author of the state’s first mortgage industry entrance exam (2011)
- Lobbyist, TAMB/NAMB. As a result of association duties, Voyles lobbied for several years to the State of TN delegates and in Washington, DC with Tennessee’s federal delegation. Areas of interests lobbied centered around mortgage lending, continuing education requirements, and improved consumer disclosure processes (2004-2009).
- Lender Advisory Board, Tennessee Housing Development Agency (2014-2016).
He earned a Bachelor of Science, Business Management & Operations Management, from Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind. From 2004-2012, Voyles was a nationally Certified Residential Mortgage Specialist (CRMS), sponsored by the National Association of Mortgage Brokers.
COMMUNITY AND PERSONAL:
Voyles has been active in the Tennessee Association of Mortgage Brokers, Nashville Association of Mortgage Bankers, National Mortgage Bankers Association, and served on the Lender Advisory Board for the Tennessee Housing Development Agency, 2014 – 2016. In 2010, he became a SAFE ACT instructor and assisted the State of TN Department of Financial Institutions in authoring the state mortgage licensing test. For The Mortgage Collaborative he is a frequent panelist on topics specific to loan originator compensation and industry best practices.
Since joining the Brentwood United Methodist Church (BUMC) in 2004, Andy has served at varying leadership capacities:
- 2013-2018, Elected Lay Leader, BUMC Church Council and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- 2018, Elected BUMC Representative to the TN UMC annual conference.
- 2007-Present, Andrew Ministry, Team Leader
- 2013-Present, Sunday School Circuit Rider
- 2016-Present, BUMC 56 youth volunteer and confirmation mentor
- 2010-2011, Selected member of BUMC’s first SLI “lead team.”
As a resident in the Franklin Hamlet of Avalon subdivision, Andy has served his community HOA as the President for two consecutive years (2012, 2013) and the Secretary/Board Member at Large for years 2009-2011, 2014-2016.
Andy has assisted the Davis House, Inc. with fundraising initiatives since 2015. The Davis House is a child advocacy support group in Middle TN, serving disadvantaged children and youth. NIMBY.
Lastly, he is an active boater, golfer and YMCA youth basketball coach. Andy is the father of three children, Ella (13), Alli (12), and Lucas (7). In 2000, he married his college sweetheart who has her PharmD from Butler University.