POSITION: Executive Vice President / Director of Lending, First Community Mortgage, Inc.
In his role as EVP / Director of Lending, Andy oversees all sales and production responsibilities for retail, wholesale and correspondent business partners, consumer direct, and FCM’s multi-cultural lending initiative (MCLI). Additionally, Andy leads recruiting initiatives, orientation and training, forecasting, budgeting, and the fulfillment of FCM’s annual production goals. In 2010, Andy created FCM’s marketing and advertising department which now serves as a key sales support driver for all FCM’s production employees.
SIDE BUSINESS INTERESTS:
Owner, Voyles Vending, LLC / February 2016 to present
Partner, Scott Capital Partners, LLC / February 2016 to present
Owner, Sandgate Properties, LLC / June 2016 to present
Minority Partner, Premier Land Title & Escrow, LLC / January 2017 to present
Andy joined the First Community Mortgage (FCM) leadership team in 2009, initially serving as an originator and producing manager. In 2012, he was promoted to SVP; then overseeing retail sales and operations. In January of 2016 he was promoted to his current position. He began his career in consumer lending in 1997 with Norwest Financial. He was also a Senior Vice President for Ace Mortgage Funding, Inc., and a partner for Elite Mortgage Services, of which was merged into FCM in 2009.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND ENGAGEMENT:
- NAMB Certified Residential Mortgage Specialist (CRMS) 2004-2012
- Nashville Mortgage Bankers Association (member)
- Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association (member)
- National Mortgage Bankers Association (member)
- Greater Nashville Association of Realtors (member)
- NMLS/SAFE ACT Certified Instructor 2010-2012
- Recipient of the 2017 MBA’s Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Award for Market Outreach Strategies (through FCM’s MCLI efforts)
- TN Association of Mortgage Brokers, multiple board positions including President and Government Affairs Chair (2003-2009)
- State of TN “Subject Matter Expert” and co-author of the state’s first mortgage industry entrance exam (2011)
- Lobbyist, TAMB/NAMB. As a result of association duties, Voyles lobbied for several years to the State of TN delegates and in Washington, DC with Tennessee’s federal delegation. Areas of interests lobbied centered around mortgage lending, continuing education requirements, and improved consumer disclosure processes (2004-2009).
- Lender Advisory Board, Tennessee Housing Development Agency (2014-2016).
Andy is a 1998 graduate of Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management & Operations Management; minor in Psychology.
For 2017-2018, Andy is a student of Strategic Coach.
COMMUNITY AND PERSONAL:
Andy has been active in the Tennessee Association of Mortgage Brokers, Nashville Association of Mortgage Bankers, National Mortgage Bankers Association, and served on the Lender Advisory Board for the Tennessee Housing Development Agency, 2014 – 2016. As a SAFE Act Instructor, he assisted the State of TN Department of Financial Institutions in authoring the state’s first mortgage licensing exam. For the Mortgage Collaborative (TMC) he is a frequent speaker and presenter on such topics as loan originator compensation, sales techniques and operational best practices.
Since joining the Brentwood United Methodist Church (BUMC) in 2004, Andy has served at varying leadership capacities:
- 2013-2018, Elected Lay Leader, BUMC Church Council and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- 2018, Elected BUMC Representative to the TN UMC annual conference.
- 2007-Present, Andrew Ministry, Team Leader
- 2013-Present, Sunday School Circuit Rider
- 2016-Present, BUMC 56 youth volunteer and confirmation mentor
- 2010-2011, Selected member of BUMC’s first SLI “lead team.”
As a resident in the Franklin Hamlet of Avalon subdivision, Andy has served his community HOA as the President for two consecutive years (2012, 2013) and the Secretary/Board Member at Large for years 2009-2011, 2014-2016.
Andy has also served as a fundraiser and program volunteer for the Davis House, Inc (2015-2017). The Davis House is a child advocacy support group in Middle TN, serving disadvantaged children and youth. NIMBY.
Lastly, he is an active boater, golfer and YMCA youth basketball coach. Andy is the father of three children, Ella (13), Alli (12), and Lucas (7). In 2000, he married his college sweetheart who has her PharmD from Butler University.